Tracking Monthly Changes in the Value of Mineral Rights
Shale Marketplace has sales data about hundreds and hundreds of mineral rights sales. We’ve used that data to create the Shale Marketplace Mineral Rights Price Index, which tracks the value of mineral rights each month. The index price is updated each month to account for new data from recent mineral rights sales prices. Similar to how a stock price quote tells you how much a share of a company’s stock is worth at the moment, you can think of the Mineral Rights Price Index as a monthly “stock quote” on your minerals.
Because location matters a great deal when it comes to the value of mineral rights, we’ve created two separate price indexes. The first, our West Texas index, covers the value of mineral rights in West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. The second, our North Dakota, Wyoming, and Colorado index, covers the value of mineral rights in those areas.
If you’d like to have the mineral rights price index emailed straight to your inbox each month, please contact us and we will be happy to add you to the distribution list.
Helpful Resources for Mineral Owners
- Mineral Rights Price Index – Track Monthly Changes in the Value of Mineral Rights
- Mineral Owner’s Guide – How to Sell Your Mineral Rights for the Highest Price Possible
- “How Much Are My Minerals Worth?”
- How to Find the Highest Offer for Your Minerals and Royalties
- What Do I Own? Understanding the Differences between Minerals, NPRIs, and ORRIs
- Avoid the Single Biggest Mistake Mineral Owners Make When Selling Minerals
- Mineral Flippers – Who They Are and How to Avoid Them
- How to Get the Most Money for Your Mineral Rights and Royalties
- How Selling on Shale Marketplace Works
- Frequently Asked Questions about Selling