2. The Information We Collect and Hold
Information You Provide When you open an account with us, we collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide online and on applications or other forms, or through discussions we have with you or your representatives, such as your name, address, employment information, investment experience, and any information about you or your company’s investment objectives.
- Information about your transactions with or through us, such as your offer amounts, your purchase history, and payment history, if applicable.
- Information you provide in order to digitally sign Shale Marketplace LLC account agreements such as Social Security number or company tax identification number.
- Information about you or your company disclosed by you necessary to qualify you as a registered buyer.
- Information about you from consumer-reporting agencies or other financial regulatory agencies.
Information We Collect When you use our website, we automatically collect and store certain information such as:
- Your IP address and domain name.
- The type of browser and operating system you use.
- The time of your visits.
- The pages of our site you visit, including the specific listings that you view.
- The files that you download from our site.
This information is used for administrative and technical purposes, including counting the number of visitors to our site and individual pages within the site, determining referral sources to our website, assessing the technology used to access our site, and assisting with site maintenance.
3. Use of Your Personal Data
Personal data and information collected by us may be used for the following purposes:
- to create an account for you on Shale Marketplace;
- to process your requests for goods or services;
- to notify you about properties, lots, messages from other users, deadlines, offers, counter-offers, transaction details and documents, and payments:
- to notify you of changes to our goods or services or the properties listed on our site;
- to send email or SMS notifications for special promotions or offers conducted by us, our suppliers or distributors;
- to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
- to respond to your questions or suggestions;
- to protect the security and integrity of the marketplace for all users and prevent fraudulent use of our services and website;
- to improve the quality of our listings and our goods and services and the quality of your visit to the website;
- to diagnose problems with our sites and services;
- to provide informational materials to our communities, such as e-newsletters and new listings;
- for data analytics, particularly supporting the purposes described above;
- to enforce the terms and conditions and provide services in accordance with our Buyer’s Agreement and our Seller’s Agreement, including information required in order to record the transfer of assignment with county, state, or federal public land agencies; and
4. Disclosing Your Personal Data
We do not sell or rent your personal data to any other company, organization, or person. We may disclose your personal data to:
- third party buyers in connection with any listing created by you or on your behalf;
- third party buyers or sellers in connection with any service requested by you or any disclosure or communication you have directed us to make;
- third parties that provide services to us, or functions on our behalf (Shale Marketplace uses third parties to provide various services that may involve storing or processing your personal data. These services include; data storage, payment processing, email distribution, email validation, SMS distribution, IP lookup, data enrichment and customer and relationship management systems);
- third parties that perform services, such as mailing, marketing or market research, on our behalf (For example, we may provide your name and address to service providers who send mail to you on our behalf);
- related companies in our corporate group and business partners for the purpose of providing services which have been requested by you;
- information technology service providers responsible for our communication networks, software and system development and maintenance;
- third parties to enforce the terms and conditions and provide services in accordance with our Buyer’s Agreement, our Seller’s Agreement, and any other agreement between us and you, including information required in order to record the transfer of assignment with county, state, or federal public land agencies; and
- third parties, as permitted or required by law or to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities. These parties include government/regulatory organizations, such as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), as well as any of the securities exchanges, self-regulatory organizations and states we are registered with and to parties under court order or subpoena that request this information.
6. Data Security
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, interference, or loss, and from unauthorized access, modification, and disclosure. The steps we take to protect personal data include limiting access to users’ personal data through secure login to the Shale Marketplace website and requiring you to enter a unique user name and password to access your account information online. No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the website, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information. We will notify you of any breach of personal data promptly after we become aware of it where relevant. Information security is your responsibility too. It is important as a user to keep your operating system and applications updated with the latest vendor security patches, run antivirus and security software with up-to-date definitions, and exercise safe computing practices.
7. Change of Control
8. Access to and Correction of Your Personal Data
We take measures to ensure that customers’ nonpublic personal information is accurate and up-to-date. Regulatory guidelines often require us to update, verify or collect additional information on a periodic basis. You can access and update certain nonpublic personal information that we collect about you. To update your personal information, you may call or write to us at the addresses or phone numbers provided below. You may also log on to our web site using your user name and password and change or delete the information yourself. If you wish to request a copy of your personal data, make edits to your personal data, or request your personal data be deleted, please email your request to email@example.com.
9. Changes to this policy